Saturday, February 27, 2010

Musings of a Good Day

Today was an awesome day. Shortly after I uploaded my last update, I got a call from the Cap'n asking me if I wanted to go to his monthly board game day. At first, I wasn't too sure if I wanted to go, but let's just say that going turned out to be an awesome idea!

My day actually started out with some simple snow shovelling. What I originally thought was going to be 2" of snow ended up only being a light dusting with some slush closer to the house. I had to gloat as I watched our neighbor across the street pull out his snow blower to clear out the substantially larger amount of snow that they received.

After I finished shovelling, Cap'n came and picked me up and we drove to the place where the gaming was being held. This was my first time going and I really enjoyed myself. I ended up playing 3 different games: Dominion, Winner's Circle and Battlestar Galactica. My favorite game of the day was BSG. It really managed to replicate the feeling of the show, even if it were just a board game. The longer you played, the more depressed the players who were the human characters got. We even became highly paranoid about who was and wasn't a cylon because we couldn't tell who was sabatoging our attempts to live. Having played as President Gaius Baltar for most of the game, I happy to let you all know that I am NOT a Cylon. My testing says so. :-P

After the humans were defeated by the Cylons, Cap'n and I hurried back for dinner with some of our other friends. I had suggested the new Indian restaurant in the town where I live on twitter and quickly got a bunch of people who were interested. I'm really glad because we all enjoyed our food. For a new restaurant, things were very good. The only thing that I had an issue with was the lack of attention that we got when we finished eating. However, being able to spend time with my friends was just great!

All in all, I had a great day...even if I didn't do any of the things that I originally had planned! This was far better! Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome...from the royal "we"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frakkin' Cylons stole all our fuel! Apollo left us to die, and we drifted for days and days until our stores ran out. Only then did we slip into cannibalism.

    Although, that part was fun, too. We got to feast on people's braaaaaaains.

    ReplyDelete