Monday, February 15, 2010

Musings of New Toys

So, as a reward for dealing with the crummy work conditions I've dealt with the past few weeks, I decided that I wanted to upgrade my plain old iPod Nano to a nice new 32GB iPod Touch. I picked it up Friday night and spent the rest of the evening playing with it. Of course, it did take almost 2 hours to sync my music and videos to it, but still had plenty of play time!

The first thing that I did was I started browsing the Apps Store to find anything that I might find interesting. My first download was NBC's Olympics app. Now, I have to say that I'm really enjoying this year's Olympics. We're experiencing some very nice competition among the athletes. The app is very well done and makes it easy to keep track of the events. The main page has direct links to the number of medals each country has won, as well as the spotlight athlete of the day. It also lets you pick your favorites to have shortcuts to.

Another thing about the iPod Touch is that I'm able to have all my music on it. This means that I have a much nicer selection of music to listen to when I'm at work. Even better, it has the nice inclusion of iTunes' Genius functionality. Prior to 2 weeks ago, I had never used the feature. However, with the iPod, I find that it is an excellent way for me to get a nice playlist.

After 4 days of use, I have to say that I'm really happy with my decision. In fact, I can't believe that I took this long to convert. The funny thing is that now that I have this unit, I don't think I really need my Blackberry anymore. This might even be good enough for me to go back to a regular old cellphone and that makes me excited! Good job Apple with the great device!

No comments:

Post a Comment