Sunday, March 21, 2010

Musings of Spring

Yesterday was the first day of Spring and boy was it an awesome way to kick the season off.  The sun was out, not a cloud in the sky and it was so wonderfully warm out that I could cry.  ...but I won't because I'm a big boy and big boys don't cry. *sniffle*

Anyway, Spring is one of my favorite times of year, which is funny because it come right after my least favorite season.  The billboards telling parents that bunnies aren't gifts, they're a lift-time commitment start popping up.  The teenagers start causing commotions at the local strip mall, and I come out of my annual depression.  Oh, and I hear that there might be birds, flowers, trees budding and other crap like that too...but I don't believe them.

Anywho, what's my favorite part of Spring?  The fact that it shares the same name as my favorite mechanical part.  Springs are incredibly entertaining things too!  You can use them in pens, printers and robot pandas.  That, plus if you hold them just the right way and then let go, they go flying into the Great Wide Open never to be found again...at least until you're walking around barefoot and suddenly you find yourself in need of a tetanus shot.  

You know what else I like about Spring?  I can wear shorts again.  Actually being able to have extra pockets to hold stuff in is a GREAT thing.  Being able to carry a camera, my iPod, my phones, keys, wallet, mini-lightsaber, phaser, a full set of encyclopedias, or whatever I might need in the course of a day is great.

Let me tell you, Spring is great but it isn't the best.  What is the best you ask?  Well that's a secret.  OW OW OW OW!  Stop pulling my ear!  Ok, I'll tell you!  It's cookies!  =P

No comments:

Post a Comment