Friday, February 26, 2010

Musings of a Weekend Off

As many of you who are acquainted with me know, I've been working constantly since before Christmas. One reason or another has forced me into the office for some kind of task that needed to be done. So, with great celebration, I find myself with my first weekend off in quite a while and I'm incredibly excited!

You see, there have been a bunch of things that I've been wanting to do for a while now. What kind of things you may ask? Well I've been meaning to clean my room for about a month now. It currently looks like a tornado struck! Yikes!

I also need to catch up on some DVDs and Blu-Ray discs that I purchased a while back. *coughblackfridaycough* Not only that, but I have all sorts of video games that are currently in my queue that I haven't completed yet. It's insane!

For some social plans, I'm excited to be going out with some friends to try the new Indian restaurant in town. I've heard some good reviews of the place. I'm actually more excited about actually getting to do stuff with people during the weekend, when I'm usually home by myself.

Finally, I'm going to work on studying to the first of many Microsoft Certification exams. I have about 5000 pages to read between 5 different books and a CD with ebooks as well. However, through reading the first book, a lot of the information that I learned 5 years ago is starting to come back. I'm certain that I'll be able to pass the tests once I'm ready to take them.

..and maybe, just maybe I'll watch a bit of the Olympics too. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Which exam(s) are you thinking of taking...I've taken a couple of them(not that it's helped my job prospects), and could help if it was one I took. I might as well do SOMETHING with the certs I have, since there is a dearth of jobs out there in IT that pay anything reasonable for someone with no practical experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting off with Server 2008 Active Directory, the moving onto the next in the series of books that I picked up.

    ReplyDelete